List of 2016 Prediction Lists
Predictions for 2016:
- From Bloomberg Business: “A Pessimist’s Guide to the World in 2016” Not so much a series of predictions, but the wargaming of ugly geopolitical what-ifs.
- From the WSJ: Bold statements from the WSJ about “The Tech That Will Change Your Life in 2016“
- From HuffPo: Industry leaders boldly predict that their industries will get better in some cool way: “Industry Leaders Predict What the Future Has In Store“
- CNET video: Predicts what tech in 2015 will be big in 2016. This one really is fun, the anchor is good: ”The year’s 5 most life-altering tech stories“
- CNET again: Predict popular 2016 TV: ”34 geeky TV shows that will to glue you to the sofa in 2016” Pretty bold. Someone else will have to track to this one. I don’t own a TV.
- Very techy predictions, from, um, techpinions.com: “Top Tech Predictions for 2016“. Goes pretty deep.
- Fortune doesn’t shy away from predicting on any topic: ”The 2016 Fortune Crystal Ball” Maybe they really do have a crystal ball.
- More geopolitical foretelling, from the Stratfor guys: ”Annual Forecast 2016” No, I did not read the whole thing. Was hoping you would.
- A 2016 trend slideshow from Marketwatch: ”2016 predictions: The six tech trends that will rule” Nothing too groundbreaking here, but self-charging phones sounded fresh and welcome.
- Yahoo Tech’s Top 10 Predictions for 2016 I’m sure some people feel like their #10 has already happened.
- Frog Design’s ”Tech Trends 2016” These guys did their homework. Worth reading and trying to wrap your head around. And you get to vote, too.
I’ll add more as I find them, and please feel free to suggest your own lists, or your own predictions.
My predictions – in 2016…:
- Federal and state health insurance exchanges will not be repealed and will become more widely used. The number of individuals and small businesses buying insurance from the exchanges will grow.
- The price of a 500 GB internal SSD will fall below $100. Saw one on Amazon for $110.